WeParent is proud to offer a $1,000 scholarship to a current undergraduate or graduate student who was raised by a single parent or by divorced parents.
The award will be based on an essay ranging from 500 to 1,000 words that describes what it means to you to have been raised by a single parent or by divorced parents.
Possible topics include:
- How has the experience of being raised by a single parent or by divorced parents shaped your life?
- How has this experience affected your decision to attend school?
- How has this experience affected your choice of a major?
- What adversity have you had to overcome to reach your goal of attending school?
- What unique insights or perspectives do you have as a result of having been raised by a single parent or by divorced parents?
- Must submit an essay of 500-1,000 words on a topic of your choice
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, 18 years or older
- Must be a full-time student at an undergraduate or graduate university or college in the U.S. – proof of enrollment will be required before award is distributed
- Award recipient must grant WeParent / FamTerra Inc. permission to post the applicant’s name, picture, school or university, and winning essay on the firm’s website, www.weparent.co, and the firm’s marketing platforms, including our blog, newsletter, and social media accounts
We respect your privacy and will never spam you or share or sell your data. Your information will not be used for any purposes other than for evaluating your scholarship application. If you do not win the scholarship, you can request your information to be permanently deleted by writing to email@example.com
The deadline to apply is December 15, and the recipient will be notified no later than January 15.
How To Apply
To apply, please email your essay and a cover letter that includes your name and school to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your application. Good luck!